Job Vacancy / Vaga Servisu
(For Local staff only)
Job Title: Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Location: Baucau, with frequent travel to district project sites
Reports to: Livelihoods Program Manager
Job Band: E
With program funding from public and private donors, CRS/Timor Leste (CRS/TL) currently works in three program areas: 1) Health and HIV, 2) Peacebuilding and Governance, and 3) Livelihoods. CRS/TL anticipates substantial growth of its health program portfolio to help meet the country’s needs in mother/child health, TB control and prevention, and malaria prevention. Livelihoods programming is another are where CRS is expected to grow; currently CRS works in strengthening food storage facilities and climate change adaptation program in the eastern districts. CRS has been active in community stabilization, peacebuilding and civil society strengthening. A key aspect of CRS/TL’s work is working with local partners; these include the Justice and Peace Commission of Dili Diocese, Caritas/Baucau, Caritas/Dili, Caritas/Maliana, Klibur Domin and other Catholic Church partners and secular partners based in the districts.
CRS/TL seeks an experienced monitoring and evaluation practitioner to serve as the Monitoring, Evaluation Officer to support the Country Program’s implementation of its overall programming efforts based out of its Baucau office.. This position is key to second the current M&E and Learning Coordinator to improve the quality of evidence-based programming through solid data management.
The person will be responsible for providing all programming monitoring and evaluation and information management associated with the programs run out of the Baucau office, including but not limited to projects focused on food security, nutrition, climate change adaptation and natural resource management. The M&E Officer will provide training to CRS field and partner staff in utilizing the project M&E tools which meet CRS M&E Standards and donor requirements. The M&E Officer will work closely with the M & E and Learning Coordinator to ensure monitoring and evaluation of program progress and impact, in collaboration with partner staff.
100% level of effort for other M&E tasks, but not limited to:
- Support the M&E and Learning Coordinator, consortium members, partner staff and key stakeholders to design and implement quality needs assessments, baseline study, mid-term evaluation/review and final evaluations using participatory methods.
- Facilitate discussion and use of M&E results in regular project meetings
- Support project staff in develop success stories
- Support project staff in regular updates of their project’s M&E binders in accordance to CRS Global M&E Standards, the Asia M&E Guidance Series, and any donor M&E requirements
- Support project staff in meeting reporting deadlines according to CRS and donor requirements
Qualifications and Skills:
- University or institute degree in social sciences, statistics, econometrics, management, rural development or other related degree.
- Minimum 2 years of progressive experience in managing M&E system for projects in community-based development projects.
- Experience implementing M&E plans, development of indicators and objectives, evaluation planning, data entry, and data analysis.
- Experience in conducting surveys, focus group discussions and trainings, participatory rural appraisal, other data collection methods.
- Experience in facilitation of capacity building efforts with diverse colleagues, including those in local partner agencies, is preferred.
- Attention to detail and an ability to work effectively under tight deadlines.
- Flexibility to work both in a team and independently
- Strong English skills, both written and spoken.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power point, is required. Familiarity with SPSS is desirable.
- Ability to travel 60% of time to field locations
- Experience working in collaboration with government counterparts, donors, the Church, NGOs, and community-based organizations.
- Commitment to improving the quality of life for the people of East Timor, and the principles of Catholic Social Teaching.
HOW TO APPLY
Sent a cover letter, current CV and professional references by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
or hand delivered to CRS Dili Office, Rua: Dom Aleixo Corte Real, Mandarin, Dili
For further information please contact +670 7259025 or 3324641
Only the applicant who short listed will be contactedMelita Andrade
Human Resources Manager
Mobile no. +670 7259025