The Human Resources assistant assists with the administration of the day-to-day operations of the human resources functions and duties. The HR assistants carries out responsibilities such as recruitment and induction process of new hire, HR Administration and provide a quality HR service to the staff in accordance with Plan’s Standards and complying with Plan’s corporate policies and procedures.
Indicators for Success
Human Resource general management
- Conduct the administrative work on the Human Resources management. Manage the filing of personnel information. Prepare the correspondence on the HR matters
- Manage the local database for staff attendance and provide summary report to respective managers
- Under the guidance of HR Coordinator, update the HR Information System (HRIS)
- Prepare the contract of the consultant, casuals, temporary staff with the input from respective managers
Recruitment and induction of new staff
- Process the recruitment of new staff, including advertisement, interview and contract preparation.
- Arrange the induction process for new hire
- Do the administration of the new hire in the HR Information System (HRIS). Facilitate HRIS training/induction to new hire
- Understand Plan Performance Management process and policy and provide advice to staff on the process
- Gather the required information on the performance management process
- Assist the HR Coordinator managing employee training plan initiatives as per IAP and PDP
- Support HR Coordinator on review the implementation of Learning and Development plan
Compensation and Benefits Management
- Prepare the payroll master file each month, distribute payslip to relevant staff and file signed copy
- Ensure Plan’s procedure on resignation is followed in the event of employee resignation, i.e. employee clearance, final payment calculation, exit interview
- Process the medical claim reimbursement and file the medical documents in HR file
- Update the information of dependents
- Carries out any other duties that may be assigned by the Supervisor within the competencies required by the job.
- Provides support and assistance to the CO and PU outside regular hours as and when required.
Skills, experience, other requirements
- University Degree in related field preferred – Administration, management
- 2 years experience in HR/ Administration
- Fluency in both English and Tetun
- Experience in working with people from wide range of skills and backgrounds
FOR ALL PLAN POSITIONS AND CONSULTANCIES…
- We strongly encourage applications from women and from people with disabilities
- Strong commitment to the equal rights and participation of girls and women is essential
- Strong commitment to the Rights of the Child is essential
- Plan does not tolerate child abuse. All Plan staff and consultants are selected and employed in line with the conditions of Plan’s Child Protection Policy. These include appropriate reference and background checks.
- Applications will not be acknowledged. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. No correspondence or telephone calls will be entered into.
- Short listed candidates will be required to attend panel interviews and other selection procedures.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: 25 April 2014
TO APPLY FOR POSTS …. Send resume/CV with cover letter and names and contact details of three referees, to Info.firstname.lastname@example.org or by hand to , Rua Bairo Dos Grilhos, no 20 near Xanana Sports Centre, opposite CNRT office), Dili, Timor-Leste