Job Vacancy/ Vaga servisu
Closing Date: Saturday, 04 August 2012
Since 1963 and in 145 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that delivers technical and management assistance in agribusiness, financial services, enterprise development, community development and food security in order to promote broad-based economic growth and vibrant civil society. ACDI/VOCA currently has approximately 93 projects in 40 countries and revenues of $124 million.
Chief of Party, Timor Leste ACDI/VOCA is recruiting a Chief of Party for a USDA funded Food for Progress program in Timor-Leste supporting the cultivation of mud crabs and other aquaculture in the northern coastal villages of Timor-Leste. The Mud Crab and Milk Fish Cultivation (MCFC) project includes the design and development of aquaculture infrastructure in selected villages, creation and support of local cooperatives, technical training of cooperative members in sustainable mud-crab and other aquaculture cultivation, and building and strengthening market access and linkages for the sale of mud-crabs and other aquaculture products in Timor-Leste and across the region. The project has been developed in collaboration with the Fisheries Department of the Ministry of Agriculture and Fisheries, and with the Ministry of Tourism, Commerce and Industry.
- Plan, develop, and manage all aspects of project activities; he or she will provide overall technical and administrative management for the project; hires, manages and mentors field staff; coordinates and communicates with local and national government agencies, the donor, regional US government representatives, implementing partners, customers in the field, and other stakeholders. The Chief of Party maintains accountability to ACDI/VOCA headquarters office and USDA.
- Oversee program Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) ensuring that quality M&E data is being collected, analyzed, and used to inform program implementation and progress towards achieving program objectives as outlined in the Cooperative Agreement.
- Oversee planning and coordination of program technical operations and provide technical direction to ensure program targets, objectives and goals are achieved with the highest quality.
- Promote ACDI/VOCA and the positive perception of the Timor-Leste Food for Progress Project and assure its smooth functioning by establishing and maintaining positive relationships with USDA, the U.S. Embassy, the regional USAID Mission, the Government of Timor-Leste, local NGOs, the private sector, and other governmental and non governmental agencies and organizations.
- Prepare semiannual and final project reports in accordance with the Cooperative Agreement.
- Ensure that sub-recipient agreements and contracts are in place and managed properly with local
organizations; ensure compliance with both donor regulations and ACDI/VOCA policies.
- Oversee financial management to ensure all expenditures are in compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor policies and regulations as well as within the scope of the program budget.
- Manage leases, utility and service contracts, and other contracts related to office management, and ensure compliance with ACDI/VOCA and USDA regulations.
- Ensure that subgrants are in compliance with the approved subgrants manual and promote fair and transparent grant-making that delivers upon commitments made to the donor.
- A minimum of ten years of international development, or community development experience;
- A master's degree in international development or other relevant field.
- Demonstrated team leader/chief of party experience managing complex programs in a post-conflict environment and supervising monitoring and evaluation activities.
- Experience with market based, value chain approaches to development. Experience with aquaculture is especially desired.
- Previous USDA or USAID experience is required. Knowledge of USDA rules and regulations.
- Excellent interpersonal, cross-cultural, communication skills. Ability to build and maintain a strong sense of team among staff and to create a collaborative, productive work environment.
- Fluent English and knowledge of Bahasa Indonesia or Tetum preferred.
How to apply:
Please apply online at http://acdivoca.maxhire.net/cp/?E55564361D43515B7E59192F77561A6D0C627B4D. No phone calls please. Only finalists contacted. Women and minorities encouraged to apply. EOE.