ChildFund Timor Leste
Position: Area Program Officer (2) Based at Sub District Maliana and Lospalos
Report to: Partnership Manager
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Summary of the position
The District Program Officer shall be responsible for the implementation of integrated community development program implemented in the district of Maliana and Lospalos. S/he will be responsible to supervise the implementing Partners and communities ensuring that the project activities are producing desired outcomes for children and the communities. In coordination with the Partnership Manager develop projects implementation plan with the communities and implementing partners.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Partnership Manager in planning, implementation, supervision, monitoring and evaluation of all ChildFund Timor Leste integrated community development program in Maliana and Lospalos District.
- Partner with relevant government ministries in the implementation of programs in Health and Nutrition, Education and Youth Development and all other cross-cutting program areas.
- Assist in identifying partners in implementation of the project activities
- Organize regular meetings with the community leaders and entire community as to mobilize them in participating in implementation of Area Strategic plan.
- Provide regular supervision to the implementing partners, communities and partnering community organizations.
- Develop curriculum for training community volunteers.
- Organize and train community volunteers in project activities
- Represent ChildFund Timor Leste in relevant working groups in Maliana and Lospalos district.
- Prepare and submit timely training budgets, monthly/weekly training plan, training reports and monthly activity report to the Partnership Manager.
- In coordination with the Partnership Manager and implementing partners prepare annual, quarterly, monthly and weekly project work plans and reports.
- Participate in weekly and monthly coordination meetings.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service training and continuing education programs as required
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Partnership Manager or Program Director
Qualifications and experiences
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities may be acquired through a combination of formal schooling, self-education, prior experience, or on-the-job training. Must have a University degree (or equivalent) in any social sciences from a recognized institution. At least 3 years progressive post qualification experience and 2 years community development experience working with NGOs is required. Training or experience in one of the development areas of Youth development, Food security, Health and Education is an added advantage. Report writing skill is required. Ability to read and write reports in English is a must. Demonstrated knowledge and skills in community development issues is desirable. Negotiation skills are required. Ability and willingness to work in the Community is required. Independently motivated and able to work without supervision is required.
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. Please note that this is local position. All applications should be addressed to HR Officer, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to email@example.com. All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 3th April 2014 only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.