CHILDFUND, TIMOR LESTE
Vacancy Announcement for Local Position
Position: Procurement & Logistic Officer
Report to: Administration Officer
ChildFund Timor Leste, Non-Governmental, child development International organization, has been working in Timor Leste for 20 years. ChildFund is looking for dynamic, motivated, committed and experienced persons to fill open position in the organization.
Purpose of position
The purpose of this position is to assist the Administration Officer to coordinate procurement needs of the NO. Ensure that NO vehicles are maintained and support the overall NO office operations. In coordination with Administration Officer & FAD Manager ensure that all ChildFund logistics and procurement policies, procedures and standards are maintained and followed.
The Procurement & Logistics Officer is responsible for the overall management of purchasing, procurement, logistics and stores of the ChildFund Timor Leste Country Office.
- To obtain quotations for equipment and material supplies from various Suppliers
- Preparation of bid analysis of costing for National Director signoff
- Purchasing of approved equipment and materials for the National office and Affiliated Projects
- Ensure efficient and timely distribution and delivery of purchase requests for the National office and Affiliated Projects
- Maintain the Stores and Supplies rooms and ensure they are kept in an orderly system
- Assist the Administration Officer in asset and stock control of the National Office
- Manage the necessary documentation and process for way bills
- Prepare the monthly vehicle and petrol usage reports
- Coordinate and oversee the movement of Drivers and vehicles
- Undertake other duties and responsibilities as specified by the line Manager (Admin Officer), Finance Manager and/or the National Director
- Must have university degree (or equivalent)
- Experience working in logistics and procurement required
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Highly motivated, with excellent organizational, planning and prioritizing skills
- Ability to perform role within short timeframes
- Strong computer skills
- Ability/willingness to be flexible, forward looking and supportive in a challenging work environment
Salary: A competitive salary based on qualification and experience; friendly work environment, team work and opportunity to grow. Good opportunity to learn community development programming
Method of Application
All interested candidates should submit a cover letter describing their suitability following the above required qualifications and experiences in English. The candidate should include a recent CV and names of three traceable referees with their contact details. Please note that this is local position. All applications should be addressed to Finance and Administration Manager, ChildFund Timor-Leste, Rua Lacerda de Maia, Vila Verde, Dili or email to firstname.lastname@example.org. All application must be received by ChildFund not later than 4th April 2014. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.